Qualifications, achievement and progress are often only conventionally recognised. The Safe House supports people to do well, even if they are not ‘conventional’ themselves. The Safe House mission is to bring particular and specialist experience and expertise to supporting people who are disadvantaged by the demands of attending school, college or university and in achieving recognised qualifications.
Activity at The Safe House focuses on:
- advice and guidance for study, employment and empowerment.
- language, literacy and learning support.
- creative writing support.
- personal presentation skills development.
- stress-relief based therapy and counselling.
- teacher / facilitator workshops.
- books and online resources and opportunities.
- creative and innovative project development and delivery.
Click any of the list below for information on current and past projects:
- The Learning and Skills Drop-in Sessions
- Left Luggage
- The Cardboard Library
- My Name Is Not Sir
- The Flash Fiction Writing Sessions
- Young People’s Advocacy Scheme
- The Three Ball Juggling Club
- Intergenerational Skills Exchange
- Book Station
- Pre* – Proofreading and Editing Service
The Safe House is always interested in collaborating on current and new projects. If you are interested in what we do and would like to work with us, get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
This IS The Safe House
“We can take you to a better place.”